Hallowinning Sweepstakes Terms
Halloween Sweepstakes 2019 Official Rules
2019 TVI, Inc., dba Value Village and Savers, and Value Village Stores Halloween Sweepstakes
THESE RULES APPLY TO U.S. AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC RESIDENTS)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS of OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO and OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC RESIDENTS).
1. Eligibility. The 2019 Value Village and Savers Halloween Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their state and province/territory of residence at time of entry, except employees, contractors, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, if related) of Value Village Stores and Savers (the “Sponsors”). Employees of Sponsors and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, siblings, parents and children) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable local, federal and provincial laws and regulations. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”). Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary.
3. Facebook Disclaimer: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
4. Agreement to Official Rules. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the contestant ("you” or “You”) fully and unconditionally agrees to the terms and conditions of these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. By entering, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements.
5. How to Enter.
(a) A valid personal Facebook or Instagram account is required to enter the Sweepstakes. Creating an Instagram or Facebook account is free. You must set your Instagram or Facebook profile to “public” for the entry submission to be eligible.
(b) Entrants must have internet access and a valid email address.
(c) To participate, you must do either of the following:
(i) Follow the Savers or Value Village account on Instagram, using your personal account, and post a single photo of your Halloween costume featuring either items from a Value Village or Savers store or other recycled/up-thrifted items you acquired prior to the entry period, using the hashtags #Hallowinning and either #SaversSweepstakes or #ValueVillageSweepstakes in the post copy or caption (“Submission”).
(ii) Follow the Savers or Value Village account on Facebook and post your Submission, using your personal account, to our Facebook pages using the hashtags #Hallowinning and either #SaversSweepstakes or #ValueVillageSweepstakes in the post copy or caption.
(d) Submissions must be made between October 1, 2019 8:00 a.m. PDT and November 1, 2019 5:00 p.m. PDT (the “Entry Period”). No professional photography allowed. Photos must meet all requirements of the Instagram or Facebook platforms. If you are entering using a mobile device, standard data charges from your phone carrier may apply.
6. Limit. One (1) Submission per person, per Instagram or Facebook account is permitted. Once the Submission has been submitted, you will not be permitted under any circumstances to submit substitutions and/or new versions of your Submission. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, illegible, stolen, incomplete, or misdirected Submissions. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors.
7. Terms and Conditions.
(a) By entering and using the #Hallowinning and either #SaversSweepstakes or #ValueVillageSweepstakes you represent and warrant that Your photo was created by you and does not infringe the rights of any third party.
(b) Your Submission must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, in Sponsors’ sole discretion. All Submissions will be monitored by an official Sponsors’ administrator.
(c) You agree that your Submission complies with all conditions stated in these Rules as well as Instagram and Facebook terms of service.
(d) You represent and warrant that your Submission is an original work of authorship and does not contain material that violates or infringes the rights of another, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Submissions must not contain brand names or trademarks. Submissions must be submitted by the individual who created the subject of the Submission and from his/her own authorized account. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries or for the failure to receive Submissions due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind.
(e) Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to reject or disqualify any Submission that does not adhere to the terms and conditions of these Rules or deems obscene, defamatory, offensive, lewd, misleading, or derogatory or otherwise inconsistent with its editorial standards, audience expectations, or reputational interests or that Sponsors believe may violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third party. Any such Submission may be disqualified and not posted to (or removed from) the website. All of Sponsors’ decisions are final.
(f) Mechanically reproduced mail-in Submissions are not allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such Submissions by such methods. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your Submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
8. Entry Period. To enter the Sweepstakes, your Submission must be posted on Instagram.com or Facebook.com with #Hallowinning and either #SaversSweepstakes or #ValueVillageSweepstakes during the Entry Period.
9. Privacy. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsors, their agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Submission only for the purpose of administering the Sweepstakes and in accordance with Sponsors’ privacy policies, which can be found at https://www.valuevillage.com/privacy-policy and https://www.savers.com/privacy-policy.
10. Prize and Description.
(a) Winner Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: Ten (10) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive a $100 Value Village or Savers gift card (“Prize”).
(b) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable. No substitutions except at Sponsors’ option.
(c) Prizes are subject to Sponsors’ gift card terms and conditions located on the gift card and here https://www.valuevillage.com/shop/gift-cards and https://www.savers.com/shop/gift-cards. Sponsors will not replace lost or stolen Prizes. Limit one (1) Prize per household address. Allow 4-6 weeks following confirmation for delivery of a Prize.
11. Winner Selection: On November 9, 2019, a total of ten (10) winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible Submissions submitted during the Entry Period.
12. Winner Notification:
(a). Potential winners will be notified via an Instagram or Facebook direct message to the accounts associated with their Submission before 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time on or about November 8, 2019. Participants are solely responsible for checking their Instagram or Facebook messages to see if they are potential winners. Potential winners must respond to the direct message before 5:00 p.m. PST on November 22, 2019, providing a full name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number.
(b). Before being declared a confirmed Prize winner, the potential winners will be required to: (a) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Sponsors via phone or email (for Canada residents only); b) supply proof of age and residency by providing a photocopy of one (1) piece of U.S. or Canada issued Government photo identification (including date of birth); and (c) sign and return Sponsors’ Consent and Release form (the “Acceptance Release”), which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sweepstakes Sponsors and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of Sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
(c). If the potential winner: (i) fails to timely respond to the notification direct message via e-mail; or (ii) fails to provide the requested contact information; or (iii) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents/Acceptance Release within the specified time; or (iv) (and at least age of majority in province) cannot accept the Prize for any reason; or (v) has violated theses official rules or is found not eligible for any reason then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize); Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select and notify an alternate potential winner in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential winner).
(d). No cash in lieu of prize or prize substitutions are permitted except that Sponsors may substitute a prize or prize component if any prize or prize component is unavailable for any reason, in which case Sponsors will award a Prize of approximately equal or greater value in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, provincial, local, sales and income taxes. Any other incidental expenses on a Prize not specified as included herein are the winners’ sole responsibility.
a. Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for Submissions they are unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures; or any other reason, or incomplete, damaged, misdirected, or lost entries. Sponsors further have the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, federal, government, provincial or municipal law, order or regulation or other conditions beyond Sponsors’ control, or at Sponsors’ discretion for any other reason. In the event of cancellation, Sponsors reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible Submissions prior to the date of cancellation.
b. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the individual whose Instagram and Facebook accounts were used to post the entry photo. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Facebook account, as applicable, associated with the winning entry.
14. Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors, Instagram and Facebook and each their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective agents, dealers, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of any prize that may be awarded.
15. Rights Granted by You. By using #Hallowinning and #SaversSweepstakes or #ValueVillageSweepstakes and posting a photo to enter the Sweepstakes, you hereby grant to both Sponsors equally and to its successors, assigns, licensees and creative agencies, a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license in and to the photo associated with the hashtag, so that Sponsors have the right to use, not use, display, post, publish, copy, edit, and create derivative works from the photo submitted in the entry in any and all media, worldwide, without limitation or further obligation to you or any other party, each in their sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, you irrevocably and unconditionally grant the rights hereunder whether or not you are selected for a Prize. You release and hold harmless the Released Parties for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy arising out of or related to use of the photo associated with your entry or your participation in this Sweepstakes.
16. Applicable Law and Limitation of Liability: Except where prohibited, this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the applicable laws of the State of Washington (for U.S. residents) and Canada (for Canada residents) without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. By participating, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or relating in any way to this Sweepstakes shall be filed in state and federal courts sitting in King County, Washington, U.S.A or in courts in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (as applicable) and shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. In no event will Sponsors be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsors have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. SPONSORS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
17. List of Winners. For a list containing the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, pre-stamped envelope to: TVI, Inc., 11400 S.E. 6th Street, Suite 200, Bellevue, WA 98004 (Attention: Marketing) and request the winner list. Requests must be received by December 31, 2019.
18. Sponsors: Value Village Stores and Savers, 11400 S.E. 6th Street, Suite 200, Bellevue, WA, U.S.A., 98004.