Partners for Smart Growth
We’re a thrift superstore that looks and operates just like a traditional discount department store but with an important distinction. We purchase nearly all of our apparel and household goods from local nonprofits who received them as donations. Our mission is to make every neighborhood where we do business a better place to live, and our business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 650 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. The reliable revenue stream we provide our nonprofit partners enables them to provide vital local community programs and services.
We are also great neighbors because we drive traffic to your shopping center. Many of our customers visit us multiple times a week to treasure hunt. Our customers span the demographic spectrum from 'need to' to 'want to' shoppers. Donors visit us regularly to drop off their gently used clothing and household goods, and each of our stores typically drives over 3,000 visits weekly.
We would be honored to be a part of your community, your shopping center and your future growth.
Where we are
We own and operate 330+ locations in the U.S., Canada and Australia, each drawing upwards of 3,000 shoppers and donors weekly.
Our priority markets
Click here to see our where our stores are currently located in the U.S., Canada and Australia.
Northern & Southern California | Northern & Southern New Jersey | Charlotte, North Carolina | Ohio | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | Nashville, Tennessee | Dallas, Texas
- 22,000-28,000 square feet preferred; Will consider 15,000-40,000 square feet with a good frontage-to-depth ratio (Smaller in rural settings)
- Free standing or end-cap locations preferred
- On-Site Donation capabilities, accommodating drive-thru or drive-up
- Clear ceiling height minimum of 14’ Above Finished Floor
- Minimum electrical service of 600 amps – 208 volts – 3 phase
- Minimum mechanical service of 1 ton per 350 square feet
- Unobstructed view corridors to the street preferred
- Rear or side loading docks required:
- Prefer a minimum of two (2) 42” dock high truck wells w/ dock seals
- Major pylon and building signage
- Minimum 4:1 parking ratio
- 20,000 minimum Average Daily Traffic count on fronting street
- Proximity to a dominant retail shopping area
- Desired co-tenants include Supermarkets, Drug Stores, Wal-Mart, Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Ross, Marshall’s, TJ-Maxx, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michael’s, Dollar Tree and Big Lots.
- Rural, suburban or urban locations
- U.S. - Average locations require >75,000 within a trade area
- Canada - Average locations require >50,000 within a trade area
- 5-mile minimum per capita income >$24K (with target of +$30K)
- 2-mile minimum population of 20,000