Our Company Culture
Here, you like work. And work likes you.
Our culture is as unique, sought-after and cherished as the items we sell.
A big part of that is because we recognize that our success is due entirely
to our team members.
What's it like?
The culture here is open, affirming and entrepreneurial. Working here means solid career development. It means feeling appreciated and challenged. And it means positively impacting customers, donors, your community and the environment.
- Act with ethics and integrity
- Put donors and customers first
- Invest in team members' success
- Strengthen communities
- Protect the planet
- Innovate to grow
Team member engagement
Our dedication to you and interest in your ideas start on day one and in three ways.
- Open-door policy: we encourage you to share your thoughts, feedback and concerns to management knowing they’ll be heard.
- Solutions-focused problem solving: when issues arise, we help people get back on track in a way that keeps them accountable to themselves and their team.
- Active team member engagement: everyone works together to shape the workplace so they feel better connected to each other, the company and its mission.
Success is more than moving up the corporate ladder, though we do heavily promote from within. Our leaders lead by example, always imparting their knowledge to help you build the capabilities needed to grow and innovate as a person and for the good of the company. We also make sure your voice is heard too, by actively soliciting your feedback on a regular basis. Our Total Rewards philosophy incentivizes team members to achieve success and rewards those who do. Career advancement and wellbeing initiatives are ways we appreciate and motivate you to do your best.
Our business has a huge social and environmental impact that’s unlike any other retailer or thrift store. We are one of the largest used textile recyclers in the world. Every year, we keep over 700 million pounds of stuff out of landfills — that’s about 1.8 million pounds per store (or about 600 midsize cars!). Not only that, much of what we don’t sell is shipped to other countries to help jumpstart their marketplaces. Learn more.
Diversity & inclusion
We’re in the business of unique treasures — especially the people we hire. All abilities, ages, ethnicity groups, genders, religions, sexual orientations are welcome here. We will provide reasonable accommodations, on request, through our recruitment and selection process; just let us know what you need. You truly can come as you are and be accepted and appreciated for the distinctiveness you bring.