View the Infographic
When we reuse and recycle responsibly, the people and the planet benefit in exponential
ways. We call it The Savers Cycle, and it’s how we’ve done business
for nearly 60 years. Our for-profit company partners with local nonprofit agencies
to make sure the funds stay local. Here’s how it works.
Our nonprofit alliances contact people in the community to ask for donations of
reusable clothing and household items. We pay our nonprofit alliances based on the
number of boxes and bags of merchandise they’ve collected from you and then
deliver to us. In the same way, we also pay our nonprofit alliances every time you
donate gently used goods directly at our stores via Community Donation Centers.
REUSE & RESTYLE
All donations get sorted by our store teams and only the highest-quality reusable
items are value-priced and merchandised according to department, style and size.
After that, the items are ready to sell.
AROUND THE GLOBE
The majority of items that don’t sell are shipped to developing nations through
both wholesale and philanthropic efforts. Individuals in developing countries can
then create their own marketplaces that service citizens who rely on affordable,
TO THE COMMUNITY
- Last year, we paid our nonprofit partners and their programs more than $180 million
to fund their programs and services. To date, we've paid more than $1.5 billion
over the last 10 years.
- Customers also benefit by getting access to quality used goods at a great value.
TO THE WORLD
- Individuals in developing countries around the world can now create their own marketplaces
in which to conduct commerce.
- As a result, other individuals in these countries have a resource where they can
find used, affordable merchandise.
TO THE PLANET
- We’re doing our part to save our planet from the 20-billion pounds of used
clothing and textiles tossed into landfills each year.
- Our recycling program prevented 600 million pounds of unsold merchandise from ending
up in landfills last year.
KEEP THE CYCLE GOING
Participate in the The Savers Cycle by bringing us items you no longer need and
picking up a few treasures we may have.